Sunday, May 10, 2009

From Book to Movie



How many of us read the books before we go to see the movie? I can't say that I do. One book that I read after I saw the movie was The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I watched the movie a few times before I read the book. I found that there were quite a few things left out of the movie. It would be very difficult to cram everything in the book into the movie. The movie lasted three hours and only had maybe half of the stuff in the book. Another book I read after I saw the movie was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This movie had more than what was in the book.
In both of these cases, I enjoyed the movies more than the books. I think this is true for many today. I've noticed that no too many people read for pleasure anymore. Movies have become more popular than books. I know this is not true of everyone, but I noticed that it is becoming a trend. Do you enjoy movies more than books, or books more than movies?

1 comment:

  1. hey kyle ive gotta admit that im with a good majority of the people who prefer movies over books. I just dont have the patience, or time for reading, or atleast i dont make time for them. My favorite genre either way is action, and its hard to match a movie in that catagory, cause theres no cool special effects, or sound... Good post kyle

    ReplyDelete